Easyling is a cloud-based translation proxy solution designed to make websites available in several languages. Easily.
A translation proxy is a layer placed between the browser and the original website, through which the visitor sees the original website in a different language.
There are several proxy solutions available on the market, yet Easyling is unique in that:
- it is a solution targeted primarily at LSPs - which also means that this is the only LSP-independent solution on the market
- also available as a whitelabel solution
- standard-compliant XLIFF export option ensures CAT-independence
- automated XLIFF export/import option between CAT / Translation management systems and Easyling
- in-context live preview available in certain CAT-tools at translation-time
What does that mean?
If you are a business owner, it can help you reach a wider customer-base through providing information to your potential customers in their native language. What’s more, you can do more than just translating the text on your website, you can localize it: you can also adapt your message, the images displayed, or even your product range offered to the targeted culture. And all this without the need of heavy upfront investment in IT infrastructure and personnel, and the hassle with regular maintenance and upgrade. Easyling takes care of the IT part, so that you could concentrate on the content - and growing your business.
If you are a language service provider (LSP), you can offer cutting-edge website localization services to your customers - even under your own brand name! Easyling provides the technology, takes care of the IT infrastructure, leaving you to concentrate on your core business: cross-cultural communication. What’s more, your translators don’t need to learn using just another tool, they can keep using their own preferred CAT-tools.
There are several challenges both business owners and language service providers face during website translation. The “ideal” workflow would be to create the content in the original language, get it translated into the desired languages, and then publish all language variants at the same time, from the website owner’s own content management system (CMS) - right from the very first page on the website. But reality is different. Apart from the fact that not many CMSs are capable of handling several languages, usually website localization comes into the picture at a later stage, when there is already a huge amount of data published on the website. And, in most cases, the website owner can’t extract the content for translation. If they can’t extract the original, there’s no easy way to load the translated content back either. Furthermore, if the website owner can’t extract the content into translatable format, it is impossible to get a proper estimate for the translation costs in time and money...
Easyling can, however, discover the website by following links and grabbing translatable and localizable content - and convert it into a translatable format. This gives a realistic view of the magnitude of the translation task, and, thanks to the translation proxy, even a partially translated site can give full user experience on the website visitor’s side.
Data can be extracted with a couple of clicks - and the publication of the translated site is similarly easy.
Where do we fit in the localization workflow
Easyling bridges the gap between the CMS and the translation workflow; it enables you to extract content from the website in a translation-ready format that can be used in any translation environment.
- If you are a content owner, it means that you have a technology solution that enables you to choose any LSP that suits your language requirements the best.
- If you are an LSP, it means that you can take care of the website translation requirements of your clients.
In either case, technology will no longer be the bottleneck.
- Use the X-Proxy and other Preview mode domains to see everything in context. use Advanced Settings to translate text coming from JSON/XML sources.
- Automatically crawl static pages / HTML content only. Add extra AJAX URLs with the proper parameters.
- Fine-tune your settings to help the crawler decide what URLs to handle as same, and what to visit looking for new content.
- Translate forms, messages and dynamic content
- Translate images: replace them with their localized counterparts on a target-language basis.
- Link any external domain via multiple projects.
- Use regular expressions to filter for content.
and many more!
Easyling offers a white label version that can be customized with your corporate logos and domains to create a branded version, allowing you to use & sell Easyling as your own product. In order to create the branded version, seven criteria must be met. See the “Whitelabel setup” section for details.
Our pricing follows the ‘pay-as-you-go’ model, so you only get charged for what you use. The total cost is made up 2 types of fees: one-time fees and a monthly charge.
- Discovery: 1 EUR or 1.2 USD / 1000 pages for every Discovery
- Scan: 2 EUR or 2.4 USD / 1000 source words for each new word during a Scan (if no new words are found, a Scan counts as a Discovery)
- Translation Memory: storing your (human or machine) translation in the database costs 10 EUR or 12 USD / 1000 source words / target language
Content extraction and translation memory fees apply only the first time around, which means 102% repetitions are not counted. Once a segment is stored, subsequent scans will treat it as repetition and no additional charges will apply.
A 1 EUR or 1.2 USD / 1000 page views monthly fee applies to serving your tranlated content over the proxy.
In exchange, you get a guaranteed 99.99% website availability, and a capacity to handle practically unlimited traffic. You also have the option to serve the translated site from your server (in which case no proxy fee will apply), but in this case availability and traffic handling depends on your infrastructure.
Visit us at https://easyling.com and sign up for a dedicated demo if you are new to translation over the proxy!
See https://easyling.com/pricing for pricing details. Try our Price Calculator, too!
Contact Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to check out all the other tutorials we’ve compiled: